Fasting day 22 Nov 11 2008 180.5 lbs.


So I seem to be stuck at this weight. Also I seem to be more hungry in the evenings of no-eat days than before. Could it be that my body is trying to hold on to this weight?

I have concluded that I should eat more on eat days.

Although it seems to be getting more difficult I plan to continue. I like the weight loss effect. I have not been at this weight since the early 90s so I feel much different. Going up stairs, running around is much easier. Did some push ups and sit ups in the evening. These also seem to be easier as well. And stretching my hamstrings. Am I more flexible than before? Could be.

Yesterday I made beef stew in the PC. I didn't have the seasoning mix so I winged it. It came out good. I used the standard technique but included a small can of tomato sauce in the liquid (and some red wine). Added my usual "Italian Herbs" mix. I took a pic but forgot to transfer to the computer. Will post it later. OK I did.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

GP: interesting stuff. I just finished my first month of ADF. If your initial estimate was correct, you're losing weight somewhat faster than I am, even though I started heavier (234).

The recipes sound good--I'm tempted to go buy a pressure cooker now.

Your general comments about being cold and keeping busy on fast days ring true for me. I'm impressed that you're able to cook for others on fasting days--I think that'd be a bit too difficult for me. Luckily the wife takes it on those days.

It'll be interesting to see how this all turns out.

GP said...

TF: Thanks. Nice to hear from other ADFers. Keep up the good work.
-G