Fasting day 1 Sept 30, 2008

This is my first post for my new alternate day fasting blog.  So I am about 195 pounds and would like to get down to 170 or so.  I also have a history of high blood pressure and possibly other health problems that could come up down the road.  So I want to lose weight and lower my blood pressure without taking medication.  

I have tried other diets in the past with some success.  One is the McDougall plan which is low fat vegetarian food.  This works quite well but I have a tendency to stray from it.  Low carb plans also seem to work but who wants to eat bacon and eggs every day for breakfast.

So ADF seems to be the ticket.  I plan to fast on water and black coffee on the fasting days and eat fairly healthy non-processed food on the eating days as much as I want. 

Fasting day 1 experiences:  Ate cereal 11:30 the night before.  Woke up, made coffee.  Went to work.  Work went well.  From my previous day-long fasts I found that if you keep moving you actually ignore the hungry feeling.  Energy was high with good concentration.  After work, made dinner for the wife and son without the urge to eat.  Late night seemed to get better with less hungry feeling.  Slept only so-so but it was not the hunger that kept me awake.  My brain was wired from fasting I think. 

No comments: