Eating day 1 Oct. 1, 2008

Woke up a little light headed but not too hungry.  Made coffee.  

Breakfast:  Ate two bowls of corn flakes with soy "milk".  I don't like the term soymilk.  Soybeans do not give off milk.  It should be called soy "juice" or something.  

Lunch:  "Maklooba" (from the local middle eastern take out place) which consists of rice, califlower, potatoes, chickpeas.  Includes salad.  

After work snack: 3 bend-over turkey sandwiches (3 slices bread and about 5-6 oz turkey, total).  I made the roast turkey breast myself.  Just get a half turkey breast, take out the bone and roll in up and tie with  butcher twine.  Roast for 45 minutes to an hour.  Keeps in fridge for 1 week or so. 

Dinner: made this .  Used a whole chicken, cut up.  Ate a 1/2 breast.

Adult beverages:  Plenty.  Okay, another reason to ADF.  Will only drink 50% of usual amount.

Late night snack:  Corn flakes, soy "milk"

Overall felt like normal day.  Not overly hungry b/c of yesterday's fast.  Felt a little different overall, however.  A little "detached" perhaps.  But not in a bad way.  Just kind of go-with-the flow feeling.  If ADF promotes this, I would not be unhappy.  Lets hope tomorrow's fast goes well.  A little nervous about it.

2 comments:

secretdubai said...

I agree with you about soy "milk" - I think it is a deceptive and dangerously misleading term. There has been at least one baby die because well-meaning, if stupid parents gave it rice milk.

Given how strict most food labelling is, it amazes me that "milk" can be used as a term for basically any white emulsion of whatever origin. When really it is a specific, animal derived food that has no safe substitute.

Replacing meat with tofu is one thing: replacing milk with soy "milk" is quite another.

GP said...

Also soy milk is not any healthier than dairy milk. It is high fat and contains phytoestrogens and can cause problems if you drink too much of it. I am using rice "milk" for my cereal now. I think it tastes better than soy. I also use dairy milk on occasion but don't think its an optimal substance to be consuming.