Fasting day 13 Oct 23 2008 183.5 lbs

So it is a double fasting day. It is Thursday around noon and I haven't eaten since Tuesday night. So far so good. Actually feel great today. Mental acuity is high. A little hungry but am used to it by now. Hunger is not worse than what I experience on the one-day fast. Will check-in at the end of the day.

UPDATE: 728 p.m. Still okay. 2 day fast is no more difficult than one day fast. Making dinner for kid right now and not a problem not to eat. Felt high energy all day...a little wired and loopy however, but I enjoyed the edginess. I think my brain works better on fasting days than on eating days.

I made homemade mac and cheese for J for dinner. Here is what I did:
Sauce:
1.5 cups whole milk
1 cup of grated longhorn cheddar
1 by 2 inch block of velveeta
2-3 tablespoons of Wondra flour
2-3 tablespoons butter.

Put milk, butter and wondra in saucepan. Bring to boil while stirring constantly. Boil for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and cool for 1 minute. Add cheeses and stir until melted. Cook 1/2 box of elbow macaroni until just under done. Mix with sauce, put into a baking dish and top with a little cheese and some bread crumbs. Before baking pasta should be fairly wet with the sauce. Sauce will dry out upon baking so don't be afraid to use a high sauce:pasta ratio. Bake for 20 minutes until a nice crust if formed. Take out of oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with a little paprika for color.

This is a great recipe b/c I used exactly half of the elbows and the cheeses. That way I can make it again without going to the store ( as long as I have milk and butter and Wondra on hand). Oh yea, get Wondra..it is great for sauces and gravies.

This stuff smelled GOOD. I will have to reheat some tomorrow and taste it.

UPDATE #2: Slept like a baby...woke up feeling rested. Ate a bowl of Kashi/Rice dream to break fast. Was like rocket fuel. Now for 2 days of eating...

No comments: