Fasting day 11 Oct 20 2008-184.5 lbs

Made a good dinner last night. I like the way my spanish rice is coming out. Here is what I did.

1 cup brown rice
1 can chicken broth
1 16 oz can diced tomatoes, strain out the juice.
Cumin, turmeric, chili powder, salt, pepper.
a little oil.

Put oil in sauce pan and heat up. Add rice and toast it a little, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes. You should start to smell it getting toasty. Add chicken broth and tomatoes and seasonings. Don't put too much turmeric in, just a little to color it. Add a half cup of water. Cover, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until rice is done. You can stir it occasionally. If it gets dry before rice is tender then add more water and keep cooking.

I ate this with some grilled chicken breasts marinated in margarita mix, tequila, olive oil (equal parts each), garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and cumin. Oh and some extra lime juice. I marinated them in a food saver canister for 1 hour under vacuum.

Looking forward to a good fasting day although a little groggy this AM.. gee I wonder why.

No comments: