Fasting day 10 Oct 18 2008-185 lbs

Fasting days are not so bad anymore. Anyone who wants to lose weight and get healthier can do ADF. It is better than dieting because you don't have to hold back on portions or watch what you eat. I cannot believe that I made it to 10 fasting days.

I notice people who munch on junk food and not even think twice about it. Individuals who are clearly overweight. For example, those who snack on chips and stuff while standing in the elevator or on the subway. People are ALWAYS eating. And the stuff they get at the supermarket. ALL packaged junk. The production and packaging of this crap must take tremendous resources. Think of all the energy and money we would save if everyone would just buy a whole chicken and cut it themselves instead of frozen chicken nuggets. Or a potato and cut it and fry up your own fries instead of the packaged kind. Make your own mac and cheese. Make a pot of beans in a crock pot instead of canned refried beans. All you have to do is learn to cook and you will enjoy much fresher and healthier foods. I guess I shouldn't criticize others, I have my weaknesses too. But one thing is clear, our family ate relatively whole foods before I started this crazy ADF routine. Now we eat even better whole foods. And I don't have to eliminate fats or meats like before.

I bought a bathroom scale at Target. Never had one before. So now I will be weighing myself and posting every fasting day. Maybe I'll make a running graph and display it on the page. It will be nice to see the downward trend in my weight. My goal weight will be 170 so I have 15 pounds to go. Shouldn't be too hard.

Yesterday I made the best beef stew in my pressure cooker. If you don't have one of these....get one. I use mine all the time for pinto beans, chicken or vegetable stock, stews, etc. It takes a fraction of the time to cook these things in a PC. Here is the recipe for beef stew.

1 lb. stew meat.
One medium potato peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
Two or three carrots peeled and sliced
Two celery stalks sliced
One medium onion diced.
McCormicks Stew Seasoning (okay so I cheated a little)

Dredge meat in flour and brown on all sides in pressure cooker in oil. Once brown add 1.5 cups water and half packet of seasoning and put on lid. Bring to pressure and cook for 25 minutes or so. Release pressure and add vegetables. Bring back up to pressure and cook for 20 minutes more. Release pressure and serve. This was enough for 3 people easy.

I like ADFing b/c usually i woun't eat beef stew as it was not part of any particular diet plan I happened to be on. For example, on low carb you can't have potatoes. On McDougall you can't eat meat or oil. Now I can eat it. Pizza also. There is NO diet plan that allows that!

No comments: